UNITED INDIA INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
Regd. & Head Office : 24, Whites Road,
Chennai – 600 014
Website : www.uiic.co.in
Highlights of the advertisement are given below, for complete details visit www.uiic.co.in
Online Registration commences from 14th August 2017
Last Date for Registration of Online applications: 28th August 2017
Dates for Payment of Application Fee 28th August 2017
Tier-I – Online Examination (Preliminary) 22nd September 2017 (Tentative)
Tier-II – Online Examination (Main) 23rd October 2017 (Tentative) Download of Call Letters 10 days prior to the date of each examination (Tentative)(Preliminary exam as well as main exam)
United India Insurance Co. Ltd. is a leading Public sector General insurance company wholly owned by Governmentof India with a gross premium of more than Rs.16,000 Crores. A rapidly growing company with more than 2100 offices, highest network in the non life insurance industry throughout the country.
Company proposes to recruit young and dynamic candidates for its Offices all over India. Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for the post of ASSISTANT.
Candidates can apply for vacancies in one State only and can opt for a Centre of that particular state only.
Total No. of Vacancies :696 (Provisional), out of which 27 for visually impaired
Statewise vacancies: ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS: 01, ANDHRA PRADESH: 01, ASSAM: 01, BIHAR: 01, GUJARAT: 01, HP: 01, JHARKHAND: 01, M.P.: 01, MAHARASHTRA: 01, MANIPUR: 01, MEGHALAYA:
01, MIZORAM: 01, NAGALAND: 01, ODISHA: 01, PUNJAB: 01, RAJASTHAN: 01, SIKKIM: 01, TAMIL NADU: 03, TELANGANA: 01, TRIPURA:01, UT OF CHANDIGARH: 01, UTTAR PRADESH: 02, UTTARAKHAND: 01, WEST BENGAL: 01
Scale of pay: :Rs.14435-32030/-
Educational Qualification: Graduate from a recognized University
Knowledge of Reading, Writing and Speaking of Regional language of the State of Recruitment is essential.
Age: 18-28 years
Age relaxation: PwD (Gen) 10 years
Definition: Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) Vacancies are reserved for Disabled (Physically Challenged) Persons under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996) as per government guidelines. Candidates with following disabilities are eligible to apply as per the definitions given in the above act:
a) Blindness b) Low Vision c) Hearing Impairment d) Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy Only such persons would be eligible for reservation in services/posts who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by Medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government. The certificate should be dated on or before
last date of registration of application i.e.28/08/2017.
Use of Scribe:
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected permanently
for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online examination, subject to limits as
in (ii) and (iii) below. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
• The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe at his/her own cost.
• The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the same examination .If violation
of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature of both the candidate and the scribe
will be cancelled.
• A person acting as a scribe for one candidate cannot be a scribe for another candidate. The scribe may be from any academic stream.
• Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe
fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the online examination.
• Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination or as otherwise advised.
• Only candidates registered for compensatory time will be allowed such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates shall be system based, it shall not be possible for the test conducting agency to allow such time if he / she is not registered for the same. Candidates not registered for compensatory time shall not be allowed such concessions.
(iii)Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates
• Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination.
• The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
The newly appointed employees will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months. Before the probation period comes to an end the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of those employees whose performance fails to meet Company’s expectation, may be extended as per rules.
The examination will be conducted online in venues given in the respective call letters.
Application fees: Rs. 100/-
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should visit/logon to the United India website www.uiic.co.in
The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet
Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.