Mitra Jyothi announces the next batch of Basic Computer Training for VI Candidates - 09 April 2018 to 9 June 2018
We are pleased to announce the next batch of our Basic Computer Skill Training combined with Life skill Training for the visually impaired during the summer months.
Course Duration: 2 Months from
Who should join this course?
VI Students who have completed Class 10 or above and are pursuing their studies will be given highest priority.
Candidates who have completed their graduation and are seeking skill development to get into good jobs.
Candidates who seek to be independent and look forward to employ-ability training & over-all personality development.
Candidates who have written their exams and are awaiting their results before taking the next step ahead and those doing who are doing distance education
Why should you join this course?
To open-up a whole new world of Education and Awareness by making yourself “Computer Literate” and become “Internet Savvy”
To start using computers to support your Education.
To read online, to use the internet, for eCommerce and social networking.
To improve your personal competencies with the help of our personality development sessions.
To improve your communication skills with our spoken English classes.
To enhance your English writing skills and spellings.
To improve your Orientation and Mobility skills and become independent.
To know your rights and how to exercise them with the help of our Legal Awareness class.
To seek guidance avail help from Mitra Jyothi’s Job Placement cell which will facilitate placement support for trained candidates if they are eligible for the same.
It is a 2 month residential fun filled life skill development program for the visibly impaired with Personality Development sessions, spoken and written English classes, Orientation and Mobility Training along
with learning Computer skills with Windows 10 Operating System.
· Introduction to Computers
o Machine, Keyboard and Screen orientation
o Typing lessons with ‘Talking Typer”
o Screen Reader – Introduction to NVDA and NVDA training
o Software and hardware overview
o Storage devices
o Computer Accessories
o Screen Navigation and maneuvering across screens and tabs
o Introduction to Windows
o Files and file management
o Notepad, Calculator and other simple programs
o Software downloads
o Using MS Office Products with emphasis on Microsoft Word
o Internet and browser screen navigation
o Email usage and email etiquette including outlook mail
· Enriching experiences with peer groups
· Workshops on Legal Literacy, Health & Hygiene education.
· Workshop on support systems and assistive devices available for
people with low vision
· Experience sharing from successful VI candidates from various
· Visits to a bank and ATMs specially designed for the visually impaired
· Career Guidance
· Cultural events
Teaching aides and equipment used:
· Computers with
o Windows 10 operating system and Office 2013
o Talking Typer
o Spell tool
o Head sets
o Self paced exercises for each concept
o Tactile Diagrams
o Monthly Tests and final assessment
o Curriculum designed with computer concepts and educational needs
· Other training equipment for O&M training
Residential 2 month course with separate in-house dormitories for men and women.
Computer classes from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM from Mon to Sat with specific time slots for;
· English classes
· Personality development sessions
· O&M training hours
· Planned dates for workshops and events
Food and accommodation will be provided for the duration of the course at Mitra Jyothi Campus
Must have completed class 10 and know basic English.
· Call Mitra Jyothi at Ph: 080-22587623/25 Ext. 30, talk to Mr. Mansoor or or Ext. 21 Ms.Chaithra and register yourself if you are eligible!
· A basic telephonic screening/interview to check eligibility will be conducted
· Registration fee for the course is Rs.200. This needs to be paid at the time of admission
· Refundable deposit of Rs.500 has to be paid at admission time. This will be reimbursed at the end of the course if the trainee has a minimum attendance of 90%
· Training and Accommodation fee will be a nominal amount of Rs.1000/month
· All students may stay at Mitra Jyothi's dormitory during the course of the training
· The training is open to boys/men and girls/women.
Call Mitra Jyothi and register as soon as possible!
For further queries you may contact our Computer Trainer Mr. Mansoor, at 080 22587623/25 Extn: 30
CA Site # P22, 31st Main,
18th Cross, Sector 1, HSR Layout,
Behind National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT College)
Bangalore - 560102
COO, Mitra Jyothi
CA Site No P22, 31st Main,
18th Cross, Sector 1, HSR Layout,
Behind (NIFT) National Institute of Fashion Technology,
web site: <http://www.mitrajyothi.org/> http://www.mitrajyothi.org/