Basic Computer Trainning Course for Visually Challenge by Mitra Jyothi
We are very happy to announce that due to popular demand for our Computer Skill Training for the visually impaired, we have decided to double the number of students we take regularly by having two batches
in parallel for the summer months. Our summer batch starts on 17th April and will be for a duration of two months. For this batch we will be taking students only.
The main goal of this course is to provide & increase every trainee's knowledge of Computer Basics and make him/her efficient in using computers independently. This will increase employment opportunities, betterment of existing jobs and aid higher studies.
• Keyboard orientation and Typing practice with software “Talking Typer”
• Basics of Software, Hardware and Network
• Introduction to Assistive Technologies for visually impaired.
• Basic concepts such as desktop, taskbar, menus, Editing, Dialog box,File/Folder management etc
• Screen readers, NVDA/JAWS settings and help
• MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and
• Internet- Email, online chat, internet calling, social networking, reading websites, online file transfer etc…
• Touch Screen Cell phone and Tab orientation and Typing practice with talk back screen reader.
• DAISY training with FSReader and AMIS software.
1. Computers with Windows10 operating system and Office 2007,
3. Talking Typer
4. Self-paced exercises for each concept.
5. Test for final assessment.
6. Designed Curriculum with computer concepts and employment aspects.
7. Tactile Diagrams
The program also provides Soft Skills training like Personality
Development Classes, Spoken English classes, Health & Hygiene Education and Legal Awareness classes.
• Overcome the Fear of Public Speaking
• Develop Effective Presentation Skills
• Acquire Influential Communication Skills
• Learn Business Writing Skills
• Give Structure & Meaning to Presentations
• Design Effective, Audience Captivating Presentations
• Learn Business Etiquette
• Personal grooming etiquette
• Create Health, Hygiene and Legal awareness
Mobility & Orientation Training is also part of the curriculum
The mobility program covers the rules of walking independently in public using a cane.
• Moving about in a room.
• Negotiating steps and escalators.
• Outdoor mobility, commuting in a bus and learning techniques to map and memorization of routes and layouts.
• Students are taught to manage their medication, groom themselves, tell time, identify currency, clothes and much more.
Timings: 9:30AM - 5:00PM, Monday-Saturday
Start Date: Monday, 17th April 2017
Course Duration: 2 months
Location: Mitra Jyothi Campus, HSR Layout
Food and accommodation will be provided to all students (Hygenic, Safe and Secure dormitories are available for boys and girls)
Who is eligible?
1. This summer batch is specifically designed for students and teachers.
2. Any visually impaired student who has completed Class 10 exams
3. Should have basic knowledge of English
Candidates have to take a basic evaluation test before they can
enroll, Evaluation can be done online or over the phone for outstation
candidates. Once they pass the evaluation test:
1. Candidates have to register at Mitra Jyothi for the course
2. Registration fee for the course is Rs. 200.
3. Refundable deposit, Rs. 500.
4. Accommodation with food is available for a nominal fee.
To know more about Mitra Jyothi check out www.mitrajyothi.org and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mitra.jyothi