Greetings from Mitra Jyothi! We are pleased to announce the next batch of our Career Centric Computer Skill Training combined with Life skill Training for the visually impaired! Read along for all necessary details! Do share this email with probable candidates you may be aware
Course Duration: 02 July 2017 to 22 Dec 2018
Who should join this course?
· Candidates who have completed their graduation and are seeking skill development to get into good jobs.
· Candidates who seek to be independent and look forward to employability training & over-all personality development.
· Candidates who are in-between jobs and want to develop/improve their skills to get better jobs by learning the
usage of Computers
· Candidates who have written their exams and are awaiting their results before taking the next step ahead and those doing who are doing distance education
Why should you join this course?
To make yourself more “Employable” by being “Computer Literate” and become “Internet Savvy” and there by open-up a whole new world of Education and Awareness
· To improve your personal competencies with the help of our personality development sessions
· To improve your communication skills with our spoken English classes
· To enhance your English writing skills and spellings
· To improve your Orientation and Mobility skills and become independent
· To know your rights and how to exercise them with the help of our Legal Awareness class
· To seek guidance avail help from Mitra Jyothi’s Job Placement cell which will facilitate placement support for trained candidates if they are eligible for the same.
It is a 6 month residential fun filled life skill development program for the visibly impaired with Personality Development sessions, spoken and written English classes, Orientation and Mobility Training
along with learning Job oriented Computer skills with Windows 10 Operating System.
· Introduction to Computers
Machine, Keyboard and Screen orientation
Typing lessons with ‘Talking Typer”
Screen Reader – Introduction to NVDA and NVDA training
Software and hardware overview
Screen Navigation and maneuvering across screens and tabs
Introduction to Windows
Files and file management
Notepad, Calculator and other simple programs
Using MS Office Products with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel
& Power Point
Internet and browser screen navigation
Email usage and email etiquette including outlook mail Introduction to JAWS and tips on using JAWS instead of NVDA
·Enriching experiences with peer groups
· Workshops on Legal Literacy, Health & Hygiene education.
· Workshop on support systems and assistive devices available for people with low vision
· Experience sharing from successful VI candidates from various Multinational Companies
· Visits to a bank and ATMs specially designed for the visually impaired
· Career Guidance
· Cultural events
Teaching aides and equipment used:
· Computers with
Windows 10 operating system and Office 2013
Self paced exercises for each concept
Monthly Tests and final assessment
Curriculum designed with computer concepts and employment needs
· Other training equipment for O&M training
Residential 6 month course with separate in-house dormitories for men and women.
Computer classes from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM from Mon to Sat with specific time slots for;
· English classes
· Personality development sessions
· O&M training hours
· Planned dates for workshops and events
Food and accommodation will be provided for the duration of the course at Mitra Jyothi Campus
Must have completed graduation in any discipline and must know Basic English.
· Call Mitra Jyothi at Ph: 080-22587623/25 Ext. 30, talk to Mr. Mansoor or Ms.Chaithra and register yourself if you are eligible!
· A basic telephonic screening/interview to check eligibility will be conducted
· All students will stay at Mitra Jyothi's dormitory during the course of the training
· The training is open to boys/men and girls/women.
Call Mitra Jyothi and register as soon as possible!
To know more about Mitra Jyothi check out www.mitrajyothi.org , http://www.mitrajyothi.org/ and follow
Mitra Jyothi on Face book at https://www.facebook.com/mitrajyothiorg https://www.facebook.com/mitra....
For further queries you may contact our Computer Trainer Mr. Mansoor, at 080 22587623/25 Extn: 30
CA Site # P22, 31st Main,
18th Cross, Sector 1, HSR Layout,
Behind National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT College)
Bangalore - 560102