GREETINGS FROM RCG FOUNDATION
The new batch for Career Centric Computer Training (CCCT) for the visually impaired will commence on January 03, 2017 at RCG.
Course Code : CCCT
Duration: 6 Months plus 2
Introduction to RCG Foundation:
RCGF, an NGO was established in 2008 with a mission to focus on empowering and rehabilitating the Visually Challenged in new age employment opportunities, by making them employability literate, skilled in English communications, Mobility & Personality development to enable them stand on their own feet and secure a job, support their family, and to be a role model for the other Visually Challenged people.
We run the course in collaboration with Enable India-Bangalore, the number one institute in India which is providing the computer training for the visually challenged people. Both the parties are working in the field of disability and would like to join hands to promote the benefits to the disability sector by participation in each other’s programs. The main objective is to collaborate with each other by using the strength of each organization, to maximize the benefit for the person with vision impairment in the area of computer literacy,
domain specific training and employability training.
Introduction to Career Centric Computer Training:
Computer Training for the visually impaired is the greatest form of empowerment which opens up the world to them: a world of information (aiding research, education, daily living, recreation), people, jobs, books (print to voice).
Computer training involves training on Computer Basics, MS office applications, Internet using the JAWS & NVDA screen reading software which are talking software that aid the visually impaired to “hear” everything that a sighted person would “read”.
This is an initiative from RCG Foundation with the group effort of Enable India team towards giving quality computer training for visually impaired people who have completed their studies and are seeking job, and those who want to continue their studies in the field of computers.
Main goal of this course is to make the candidate employable by providing computer knowledge and making them efficient in using computers independently. This will increase the employment opportunities, betterment of existing job, and for higher studies.
1. Life skills and life education training for both career and life:
personal competencies, overcoming disability, managing conflicts, effective work habits etc.
2. English training: spoken and written communication, business communication and heavy emphasis is to enhance spellings.
3. Computers: basic computers with Microsoft Office applications like MS word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint, and internet.
4. Miscellaneous concepts like scanning and reading, Printing documents, CD Burning, Physical connections of computer, trouble shooting etc…
5. Employability training: disability specifics which will enable candidates to overcome their disability, General employability fundamentals which will enable them to work efficiently at workplace, job simulation which will help candidates to know about different jobs.
6. Fun and Entertainment: which helps the overall development of the candidates.
a. Computers with Windows 7 operating system and Office 2010,
b. Jaws 17
c. Latest NVDA
2. Audio files for Theory
3. Training Manuals and student manuals
4. Self paced exercises for each concept.
5. Weekly tests and final assessment test.
6. Designed Curriculum with computer concepts and employment aspects.
7. Tactile Diagrams
8. EYE tool for automated correction and self learning.
9. Spelling Tool
10. Real world exposure through role simulations on the computer
• Field visits to the bank, shopping malls, ATM’s etc where candidates learn about the usage of computers in different fields.
• Work shadowing in the companies
• Real work which will give hands-on experience of working in a company/NGO
• Candidates also carry out project work which involves requirements gathering, planning, status reporting and execution.
• 20 hours of community project is compulsory.
• The duration of the course is 8 months. (6 months Basic Foundation & 2 months internship and candidates can exit at the end of each level) The first 6 months will be focused on basic computers with English communication, mobility, employability and personality development.
Timings : 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Saturday
Start Date : January 03, 2017
Seats : 10
Premise : Rcg training center, Kakkanad
Course Fee : No Course Fee
Accommodation will be provided.
Assistance will be provided in getting employment for eligible
candidates based on their performance
• Any visually impaired person with graduation or equivalent diploma. PUC/+2 pass candidates may be considered on an exception basis.
• Age should not be more than 35 years
• Who want to use computer skills for their education/ employment
• Visually Impaired persons who can dedicate their full time for the entire course duration.
Persons who are waiting to join other courses/education/employment during this period that is January 03, 2017 to July 2017 are not eligible to join the course.
• Register for the training on or 3rd January 2017.
• Registered candidates should come down to Info park, Kakkanad on or before 3rd January 2017. It helps us to assist you with the hostel/PG accommodation
• Seats are available on first come first serve bases
For further queries contact us:
Anju Narayanan, Chief Trainer: 9526629949
Shaynamol xavior, Administrator: 9539438982