The next batch of Diploma in Computer Application and Access Technology will commence from Monday, December5, 2016. The duration of this course is 4 months. Classes will be held Monday to Saturday from
10 am to 5 pm. The last date for submitting application is Saturday, November26, 2016.
About the Course
The Diploma in Computer Application and Access Technology course is targeted at increasing the employability skills of visually impaired adults. This course will also help employed visually impaired persons
in increasing efficiency and productivity at their workplace.
Computer literacy is giving the blind and low vision persons new professional opportunities, enhancing their status at their present jobs, and also giving them additional proficiency and confidence at work. The course is designed to suit the needs of students as well as working professionals. It also aims to help the job seekers to
recognize and seize opportunities in both public and private sector.
NAB Delhi maintains the ideal Student PC ratio of 1:1 and Teacher–Student ratio of 1: 7
• Candidates who have passed Class 12th are eligible.
• Basic knowledge of English is a must
The syllabus of this course is based on the course prescribed for the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), CCC Certificate Exam. After successful completion of the course trainees, become eligible to give the CCC exam and get a Government recognized certificate.
A contemporary course on Personality Development and English Communication Skills is also an integral part of the training. The tailor-made curriculum is devised to work upon both the written and spoken English with a special emphasis on other elements of soft skills like interpersonal skills, leadership and managerial skills,
writing business mails, improving body language etc to make each trainee job-ready.
The following topics are included in the syllabus.
• Basic Hardware and Software concepts
• Operating System (MS Windows)
• Word Processing (MS Word)
• Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
• Internet Browsing
• Indian Language Word Processing (Optional)
• Screen Reading Software including Basic Operation and Screen
• Scanning and OCR
• Mobile phone accessibility
• Digital eBook reading (DAISY, PDF, EPUB etc.)
• Utilities such as Dictionary, Encyclopedia, games, music, file compression and system maintenance
• English Communication
• Soft skills and personality development
Who should join?
• Visually impaired persons seeking employment.
• Persons already employed, who want to retain their productivity in the current office environment.
• Any visually impaired who wants to explore the world of information available in the Cyber World and wants to remain independent in education, profession and daily living activities or recreation.
• Senior citizens who are losing their sight and have desire to read and write in his/her full life
How to join?
Please make an application in the prescribed format available from NAB Delhi free of cost. Employed persons may get their Application Form forwarded by their employers. The form can be downloaded from our
The form can also be collected in person from our office on all weekdays between 10 am to 5 pm. The form can also be acquired by post or email by sending a request to Head, Computer Department.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
NAB Delhi also offers the following two courses. People who are not in a position to join the Diploma course can opt for any one of the following:
• Certificate Course in Computer Operation & Access Technology: This is a 2 months course. This training is traditionally conducted during May &June. This training is intended to help college & school students who are not able to attend trainings during the rest of the year. Word processing is covered in detail and the trainees are introduced to web browsing and scanning in this course.
• Customized Trainings: For students coming from outside Delhi, persons needing advanced knowledge and for computer trainers working with other institution, special training programs are conducted. In such trainings, the curriculum is modified to suit the needs of the trainees.
• Persons in need of such trainings should make formal request to the Head, Computer Department.
• NAB Delhi also organizes DAISY Digital Talking Book production trainings & Computerized Braille Embossing trainings.
Organizations that are in need of such technical knowhow should approach us and we will be happy to share the expertise & vast experience in these areas available with us.
The financial implication of the courses mentioned below is as under for each trainee.
Registration fee (one time, non-refundable)
for all candidates - Rs.1000/-
Training fees for self-employed candidates, from Government Departments, public Sector Undertakings &Pvt.Sector - Rs. 3000 per month.
Payment can be made by Cash/Cheque/Draft in favor of "National Association for the Blind" payable at New Delhi.
NAB Delhi State Branch has limited hostel facility for Computer Trainees.
Request for hostel accommodation should be made at the time of submitting the application form. The hostel expenses (including food) per trainee is Rs. 2500 per month.
National Association for the Blind is one of the leading organizations bringing light of knowledge in the lives of persons with blindness.
Association has several path breaking programs, activities and concepts to its credit. These include:
• Computer training and its application for persons with blindness or low vision
• Development of Indian Language Screen Reading software
• DAISY digital books for persons with blindness or low vision and DAISY resource centre for South Asia
• Excellent quality education for children with blindness in best mainstream schools with complete support for special needs.
• Early intervention and preparatory school
• Education and rehabilitation of multi handicapped Visually Impaired children
• Home for the aged blind
• Prevention of blindness
NAB Technology Training Centre is the Premier training facility and IT services provider for persons with blindness or low-vision. It is credited with introducing the computer training for the blind in India nearly 20 years ago.
We offer computer-training programs in which blind persons are trained to operate word processing, spread sheet, Database, Internet and E-mail packages with the help of speech output devices. The trainings
are aimed at empowering blind & partially blind persons in reading, writing and handling communication independently. During the last 15 years hundreds of blind persons including visually impaired employees
of Government Ministries, departments, banks and public sector units have undergone training at our labs.
Our training centre is accredited by National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT),, the apex body for accreditation of computer training programs in the country.
Note: - Candidates who are applying within Delhi/NCR region will have to appear for personal interview at National Association for the Blind, Sector 5 R K Puram New Delhi, 110022 on Wednesday, November 30th 2016, at 10:00 AM. Late comers are not allowed to appear for the Personal Interview. Those who are applying from outside Delhi/NCR region will undergo telephonic interview from 28th-30th November between 10:00AM-05:00PM.
To get registered for next diploma batch contact NAB Helpline on 011-64556968
011-26102944 with Extension 117.
National Association for the Blind
Sector - 5,R.K. Puram, New Delhi - 110022