Course Duration: 3 months, from July (first week) 2019. Classes will be held from 10 am to 5 pm Monday to Saturday.
Last date for registration on 16 June 2019.
About the Course
The Diploma in Computer Application and Access Technology course is targeted at increasing the employability skills of visually impaired adults. This course will also help employed visually impaired persons in increasing efficiency and productivity at their workplace.
Computer literacy is giving the blind and low vision persons new
professional opportunities, enhancing their status at their present
jobs, and also giving them additional proficiency and confidence at work. The course is designed to suit the needs of students as well as working professionals. It also aims to help the job seekers torecognize and seize opportunities in both public and private sector.
NAB Delhi maintains the ideal Student PC ratio of 1:1 and Teacher–Student ratio of 1: 7
• Candidates who have passed Class 12th are eligible.
• Basic knowledge of English is a must
The syllabus of this course is based on the course prescribed for the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), CCC Certificate Exam. After successful completion of the course trainees, become eligible to give the CCC exam and get a Government recognized certificate.
A contemporary course on Personality Development and English Communication Skills is also an integral part of the training. The tailor-made curriculum is devised to work upon both the written and spoken English with a special emphasis on other elements of soft skills like interpersonal skills, leadership and managerial skills, writing business mails, improving body language etc. to make each trainee job-ready.
The following topics are included in the syllabus.
• Basic Hardware and Software concepts
• Operating System (MS Windows)
• Word Processing (MS Word)
• Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
• Internet Browsing
• Indian Language Word Processing (Optional)
• Screen Reading Software including Basic Operation and Screen
• Scanning and OCR
• Mobile phone accessibility
• Digital eBook reading (DAISY, PDF, EPUB etc.)
• Utilities such as Dictionary, Encyclopedia, games, music, file compression and system maintenance
• English Communication
• Soft skills and personality development
Who should join?
• Visually impaired persons seeking employment.
• Persons already employed, who want to retain their productivity in the current office environment.
• Any visually impaired who wants to explore the world of information available in the Cyber World and wants to remain independent in education, profession and daily living activities or recreation.
• Senior citizens who are losing their sight and have desire
to read and write in his/her full life
How to join?
Please make an application in the prescribed format available from NAB Delhi free of cost. Employed persons may get their Application Form forwarded by their employers. The form can be downloaded from our
The form can also be collected in person from our office on all weekdays between 10 am to 5 pm. The form can also be acquired by post or email by sending a request to Head, Computer Department.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
People who are not in a position to join this full time course can opt for the Customized Training Program. This is for those who need to learn specific skills and are not in a position to join a full time course.
In such trainings, the curriculum is modified to suit the needs of the trainees and a flexible schedule of classes is worked out for them.
NAB Delhi State Branch has limited hostel facility for Computer Trainees.
Request for hostel accommodation should be made at the time of submitting the application form.
Our training centre is accredited by National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), the apex body for accreditation of computer training programs in the country.
Note: - Candidates who are applying within Delhi/NCR region will have to appear for personal interview at National Association for the Blind, Sector 5 R K Puram New Delhi, 110022 at a date and time which will be intimated to them. Those who are applying from outside Delhi/NCR region will undergo telephonic interview.
To get registered for diploma batch contact NAB Helpline on +919212319672, +918826261166
011-26102944 with Extension 117.
National Association for the Blind
Sector - 5,R.K. Puram, New Delhi - 110022