Greetings from NAB Helpline
Course Duration: 3 months, from 3rd October 2019 to 31st December,2019. Classes will be held
from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
Last date for registration 18 September 2019.
About the Course
This batch of the Diploma in Computer Application and Access Technology course is targeted at increasing the employability skills of visually impaired adults. This course will also help employed visually impaired persons in increasing efficiency and productivity at their workplace.
Computer literacy is giving the blind and low vision persons new professional opportunities, enhancing their status at their present jobs, and also giving them additional proficiency and confidence at work. The course is designed to suit the needs of students as well as working professionals. It also aims to help the job seekers to
recognize and seize opportunities in both public and private sector.
NAB Delhi maintains the ideal Student PC ratio of 1:1 and Teacher–Student ratio of 1: 7.
• Candidates who have passed Class 12th
• Basic knowledge of English is essential
The syllabus of this course is based on the course prescribed for the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), CCC Certificate Exam. After successful completion of the course
trainees, become eligible to give the CCC exam and get a Government recognized certificate.
The following topics are included in the syllabus.
• Basic Hardware and Software concepts
• Operating System (MS Windows)
• Word Processing (MS Word)
• Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
• Internet Browsing
• Indian Language Word Processing (Optional)
• Screen Reading Software including Basic Operation and Screen Reading
• Scanning and OCR
• Mobile phone accessibility
• Digital eBook reading (DAISY, PDF, EPUB etc.)
• Utilities such as Dictionary, Encyclopedia, games, music, file compression and system maintenance
• English Communication
• Soft skills and personality development
Who should join?
• Visually impaired persons seeking employment
• Any visually impaired who wants to explore the world of information available in the Cyber World and wants to remain independent in education, profession and daily living activities or recreation
• Persons already employed, who want to retain their productivity in the current office environment
• Senior citizens who are losing their sight and have desire to read and write
How to join?
Please make an application in the prescribed format available from NAB Delhi free of cost. The form can be downloaded from our website
The form can also be collected in person from our office on all weekdays between 10 am to 5 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
People who are not in a position to join this full time course can opt for the Customized Training Program. This is for those who need to learn specific skills and are not in a position to join a full time course. In such trainings, the curriculum is modified to suit the needs of the trainees and a flexible schedule of classes is worked out for them.
To know more about NAB Delhi please visit our website www.nabdelhi.in
or our Facebook page www.facebook.com/nabdelhionline
Our training centre is accredited by National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), the apex body for accreditation of computer training programs in the country.
Note: - Candidates who are applying from Delhi/NCR region will have to appear for personal interview at National Association for the Blind, Sector 5 R K Puram New Delhi, 110022 at a date and time which will be intimated to them. Those who are applying from outside Delhi/NCR region will undergo telephonic interview.
To get more information call EyeWay Helpline on 1800 53 20469,
+919212319672, +918826261166 or 011-26102944 with Extension 117.
National Association for the Blind
Sector - 5,R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110022