17/107, Basement, Vikram Vihar, Lajpatnagar 4,
New Delhi 110024
The last date for receipt of application: 15.04.2013
Score Foundation,a New Delhi based organisation, was established in 2002 and set up Project Eyeway, a knowledge resource on living with visual impairment. Through Project Eyeway, we offer a range of channels to reach out to blind and visually impaired persons across India. These channels include; a weekly radio programme, “Eyeway, yeh hai roshni ka karwan”, a website www.eyeway.org, Eyeway Helpdesk with trained visually impaired counsellors, workshops, SMS alerts, Talking Books and upcoming TV serial.
Score Foundation is looking for 2 Helpdesk Executives.
The Eyeway Helpdesk is expanding and we are looking to fill two permanent, full time positions. The first six months are a trial period.
Candidates with understanding of life with blindness and passionate to work in the domain should only apply.
As an NGO for visually impaired people, Score Foundation will give preference to applications from people with visual impairment.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Is responsible for assisting all clients with their queries relating to life with visual impairment to the best of his/her ability, in a professional and courteous manner.
2. Should possess ready knowledge of a wide range of issues visually impaired people might be confronted with.
3. Should always be willing to find answers to all queries addressed to him/her within the domain.
4. Should be ready to research queries using a variety of manuals and resources, and to work with other consultants, staff and affiliated consulting organizations in answering any client’s question.
5. Should familiarize himself/herself with the research and information resources and knowledge bases at hand and explore and develop new sources of information whenever necessary.
6. Is expected to learn and stay abreast of current news, problems, changes and updates relevant to the domain of life with blindness.
7. Based on the questions that reach the helpdesk, he/she researches and contributes material for the Eyeway knowledge resource.
8. Registers and documents all questions and the way these were handled in the helpdesk documentation.
9. Contributes to, and works in co-ordination with, other channels/activities of Score Foundation towards meeting its vision, mission and objectives.
10. PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Educational background: Graduate in any subject.
At least two years experience in a similar position, or any other position gaining relevant knowledge.
Candidates with less or no experience with relevant knowledge are eligible for the Trainee Helpdesk Executive position.
Familiar with, or be able to learn rules and regulations, facilities and organisations, products and services, achievers and other relevant knowledge in the domain of visual disability.
Able to communicate well with clients seeking information/guidance over phone, email and in person.·
Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to issues regarding vision impairment.·
Able to work independently to a large degree, and in a team.·
Able to manage work load and work on own initiative under pressure.·
Strong interpersonal and team skills.·
Report writing & Presentation skills.·
Good in written and spoken English, and spoken Hindi.
Computer skills: Sound working knowledge of Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, internet, and assistive technologies.
Salary: The salary is Rs. 15,000 to 20,000 per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and CV. Only complete applications will be reviewed. We will not be able to notify all applicants unless they are shortlisted. Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 15 April 2013 5pm.