Government of India
Staff Selection Commission
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110003.
Highlights of the advertisement are given below, for complete details visit https://ssc.nic.in/SSCFileServer/PortalManagement/UploadedFiles/Notice_chsl_03122019.pdf
Last date for receipt of application: 10-01-2020
Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 16-03-2020 to 27-03-2020
Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): 28-06-2020
Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination, 2019 (Website of the Commission: https://ssc.nic.in)
“GOVERNMENT STRIVES TO HAVE A WORKFORCE WHICH REFLECTS GENDER BALANCE AND WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY”.
F. No. 3/6/2019-P&P-I (Vol.-1): The Staff Selection Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India. The details of the examination are as under:
1. Lower Division Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant
Visually Impaired can apply.
Pay Level-2 (Rs. 19,900-63,200).
Qualifications:The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
2. Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
Visually Impaired can apply
Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
Qualifications: The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
3. Data Entry Operators (DEOs)
Low Vision can apply
Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100) and Data Entry Operator, Grade „A‟: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
Qualifications: 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06- 2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the University Grants Commission.
Age Limit: 18-27 years
Age Relaxation: 10 years for PwD candidates.
How to apply:Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV of this Notice.
No fee for PwD candidates.
Examination Centres & Centre Code:
1. Central Region: Bhagalpur (3201), Darbhanga (3202), Muzaffarpur (3205), Patna (3206), Purnea (3209), Agra (3001), Bareilly (3005), Gorakhpur (3007), Jhansi (3008), Kanpur (3009), Lucknow (3010), Meerut (3011), Prayagraj (3003), Varanasi (3013).
Regional Director (CR), Staff Selection Commission, 34-A, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Civil lines, Kendriya Sadan, Prayagraj – 211001. (http://www.ssc-cr.org)
2. Eastern Region: Port Blair (4802), Ranchi (4205), Balasore (4601), Berhampore(Odisha) (4602), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Cuttack (4605), Dhenkenal (4611), Rourkela (4610), Sambalpur (4609), Gangtok (4001), Hooghly (4418), Kolkata (4410), Siliguri (4415).
Regional Director (ER), Staff Selection Commission, 1 st MSO Building, (8th Floor), 234/4, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal-700020 (www.sscer.org)
3. Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/ Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala: Kavaratti(9401), Belagavi (9002), Bengaluru (9001), Hubballi (9011), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005), Mangaluru (9008), Mysuru (9009), Shivamogga (9010), Udupi (9012). Ernakulam (9213), Kannur (9202), Kollam (9210), Kottayam (9205), Kozhikode (9206), Thrissur (9212), Thiruvananthapuram (9211).
Regional Director (KKR), Staff Selection Commission, 1 st Floor, “E” Wing, Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560034 (www.ssckkr.kar.nic.in)
4. Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)/ Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh: Bilaspur (6202), Raipur (6204), Durg-Bhilai (6205), Bhopal (6001), Gwalior (6005), Indore (6006), Jabalpur (6007), Satna (6014), Sagar (6015), Ujjain (6016),
Dy. Director (MPR), Staff Selection Commission, J-5, Anupam Nagar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh-492007 (www.sscmpr.org)
5. North Eastern Region (NER)/ Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur,Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.: Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Guwahati(Dispur) (5105), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Imphal (5501), Churachandpur (5502), Ukhrul (5503),Shillong (5401), Aizwal (5701), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601).
Regional Director (NER), Staff Selection Commission, Housefed Complex,Last Gate, BeltolaBasistha Road, P. O. Assam Sachivalaya, Dispur, Guwahati, Assam781006 (www.sscner.org.in)
6. Northern Region (NR)/ Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand: Delhi (2201), Ajmer (2401), Alwar (2402), Bharatpur (2403), Bikaner (2404), Jaipur (2405), Jodhpur (2406), Kota (2407), Sriganganagar (2408), Udaipur (2409), Sikar (2411), Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Haridwar (2005), Roorkee (2006).
Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 (www.sscnr.net.in)
7. North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/ Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Punjab: Chandigarh/ Mohali (1601), Hamirpur (1202), Shimla (1203), Jammu (1004), Samba (1010), Srinagar(J&K) (1007), Leh (1005), Amritsar (1404), Jalandhar (1402), Ludhiana (1405).
Dy. Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3, Ground Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh160009 (www.sscnwr.org)
8. Southern Region (SR)/ Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.: Chirala (8011), Guntur (8001), Kakinada (8009), Kurnool (8003), Nellore (8010), Rajahmundry (8004), Tirupati (8006), Vizianagaram (8012), Vijaywada (8008), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Puducherry (8401), Chennai (8201), Coimbatore (8202), Madurai (8204), Salem (8205), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Tirunelveli (8207), Vellore (8208), Hyderabad (8601), Karimnagar (8604), Warangal (8603).
Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, 2 nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building, DPI Campus, College Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600006 (www.sscsr.gov.in)
9. Western Region (WR)/ Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra: Panaji (7801), Ahmedabad (7001), Anand (7011), Gandhinagar (7012), Mehsana (7013), Rajkot (7006), Surat (7007), Vadodara (7002), Amravati (7201), Aurangabad (7202), Jalgaon (7214), Kolhapur (7203), Mumbai (7204), Nagpur (7205), Nanded (7206), Nashik (7207), Pune (7208).
Regional Director (WR), Staff Selection Commission, 1 st Floor, South Wing, Pratishtha Bhawan, 101, Maharshi Karve Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020 (www.sscwr.net)
Admission to the Examination:
All candidates who register themselves in response to this advertisement by the closing date and time and whose applications are found to be in order and are provisionally accepted by the Commission as per the terms and conditions of this Notice of Examination, will be assigned Roll numbers and issued Admission Certificates (AC) for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I). Subsequently, qualified candidates will be issued Admission Certificates for the next stages of the Examinations.
Candidate must write his/ her Registration-ID, registered Email-ID and Mobile Number along with his/ her name, date of birth and name of the examination, while addressing any communication to the Commission. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
Facility for download of Admit Cards will be available about 3-7 days before the examination on the website of concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office. Candidates must bring printout of the Admission Certificate to the Examination Hall.
In addition to the Admission Certificate, it is mandatory to carry at least two passport size recent colour photographs, Original valid Photo-ID proof having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admission Certificate, such as:
Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar,
Voter‟s ID Card,
ID Card issued by University/ College/ School,
Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU),
Ex-serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence.
Any other photo bearing valid ID card issued by the Central/ State Government.
If Photo Identity Card does not have the date of birth printed on it then the candidate must carry an additional original document (e.g. Matriculation Certificate, Marks Sheet issued only by CBSE/ ICSE/ State Boards; Birth Certificate, Category Certificate) in proof of their date of birth. In case of mismatch in the date of birth mentioned in the Admission Certificate and photo ID/ Certificate brought in support of date of birth, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
PwD candidates using the facility of scribes as per Para 8.2 and 8.4 shall also be required to carry required Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe‟s Photo ID Proof, as specified therein. Candidates without above noted documents will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like:
Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
Educational Qualification Certificate.
Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification.
Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
Persons with Disabilities Certificate in the required format, if applicable.
A person with disability who is selected on his/ her own merit can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy provided the post is identified suitable for Persons with Disability of relevant category.
For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence and Quantitative Aptitude parts.