National seminar on 'Disability and Higher Education' at Dyal Singh College (University of Delhi.
Dyal Singh College
(University of Delhi)
Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003
INVITATION FOR NATIONAL SEMINAR on DISABILITY AND HIGHER EDUCATION Funded by Department for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, GoI Dear Friends, It gives me immense pleasure to invite you to participate in the National Seminar on Disability and Higher Education to be held at Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi, India on 22nd-23rd March, 2017. It is funded by the Department for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. The registration for the seminar would begin at 9:00 a.m. on 22nd March 2017.
It is a sincere attempt to sensitize University fraternity towards Disability and also to create awareness about various programs run by the Government for Disabled. The seminar would enable the policy makers to take necessary steps to ensure concrete policies for the Disabled Persons. It will also be a great opportunity to streamline various challenges that are faced by the disabled in the Universities.
It is an important initiative to deliberate upon the real issues of the Disabled community pertaining to the University and higher education where eminent people from Government bodies, Academics, Law, Sports, etc. would share their valuable experience with the participants.
There are many important sessions such as Discussion on RPD Act 2016, Participation of Disabled in Decision-making process, Role of DPOs for Disabled in Higher Education, Emergence of Disability in Academics, Promotion of Sports for Disabled etc which may invite valuable suggestion from the gathering enabling the policy makers to frame the concrete policies. I would request you to participate in this important event and share your experience and ideas with the gathering. Please confirm your participation the seminar at the earliest preferably by 20th of March 2017 so that necessary supportive arrangements could be ensured. The registration can be done online following the link
(Seminar Convener) 9818021880
For Queries: Dr. Naveen Gaur 9891239213, Megha Chauhan 9818482348 email : email@example.com for updates:
1. Kindly reach before 9 a.m on the opening day as the Chief Guest Mr. Thawar Chand Gehlot, Hon'ble Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment would reach for inauguration at sharp 9.30 a.m.
2. Participation is absolutely free.
3. Participants would get the participation certificates.
4. Visually Challenged participants who prefer to write in Braille, may carry their Braille Slates to take notes. Braille Papers are available with us.
5. The Sign Language Interpretter is available for the Hearing Impaired participants. An early intimation in this regard would help us in providing the necessary arrangement.