NAB Helpline is please to announce its ONLINE TECHNICAL TRAININGS FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED
Stay at home and learn something new. NAB Delhi is bringing its technical expertise to your doorstep. Brush up your technical skills or learn something new using the telephone or the internet.
The whole nation is under lockdown to prevent spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus. These are indeed difficult times for the nation. The NAB Delhi team continues to work, from home on its mission of empowering
persons with blindness or low vision with education and training.
During this lockdown period you can connect to us and join any of the following 6 short-term courses. Visually impaired persons having basic computer skills need to register online to join the course free of cost. We highly recommend that employed visually impaired persons take up these courses, you will be able to enhance your productivity and reduce your dependence on others.
The first course - Advanced Word Document Formatting for Visually Impaired will be facilitated by Prashant Ranjan Verma, who is a well-known Accessibility & Assistive Technology Expert. Typically the courses will be accomplished in three sessions of two hours each. The session timings will be intimated to the people who will register by email.
The following courses are being offered with the support of American Indian Foundation under the Beyond Eyes project.
· Advanced Word Document Formatting for Visually Impaired – Learn to create professional level documents that are good for distribution and printing. No one will believe that the documents have been created by a blind person.
· NVDA and Jaws screen reader customization and Windows 8 and
10 – navigation and settings using Screen Reading software
Microsoft Office Ribbon interface usage and Microsoft Word Document basic formatting, page setup, Track Changes
· Microsoft Excel spreadsheets - using charts, sorting, filters, printing and other advance options using Screen Reading software
· Using Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft Outlook setup and usage
· Advanced Excel Spreadsheet Formatting and Printing for the
You can take up only one course at a time. Register quickly, classes
will begin 30th March onwards.
To register fill up the online form at https://forms.gle/zeQV4obd2bNvvnmu6
Note: We need copies of your disability certificate and Aadhar Card in order to provide these courses free of cost. Please upload them in the online form.
For queries contact NAB Helpline on 9212319672 or 8826261166 between 10 am to 1 pm on weekdays.