The SightSavers Dolphin Pen is a lightweight pen drive with a screen magnifier and screen reader, and Braille support designed to benefit those living in some of the developing countries. It enables visually impaired people in India and other developing countries to gain the same access to computers as sighted people - and so to develop their skills and employment prospects.
This is an exciting venture because it is the first time a world-ranked assistive technology manufacturer has collaborated with an NGO (non-government organisation) to make high-quality product such as this available at a cost price.
Now, Blind and low vision computer users can now carry their assistive software on a pen drive and use it on any PC.
It is a combined screen reader and magnifier helps to reduce eye strain by allowing users to increase magnification or add speech during the day as eyes become tired. It also includes a full screen reader for people who are blind, which can cope with text and Braille input together with speech and Braille output.
- Provides English and Hindi Support
- Magnification from 2x to 60x
- 7 Magnifier Views
- 24 Preset Colour Schemes or Create your Own
- Voices provided are Sangeeta for Indian English accent and Lekha for Hindi
- Focus Highlighting Option
- Supports a wide range of Serial, USB & Bluetooth Braille Displays
- Works on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
What will this get you? You will get a USB Pen with the SightSavers Dolphin Pen which includes screen reader, magnifier and Braille support. You will get updates for free.