Talking Dictionary is a speech enabled 250,000 word English dictionary and thesaurus. Like all the talking software products on this site, Talking Dictionary has been designed for use by the non sighted person. All of the controls are easily remembered keyboard shortcuts and it is a very fast and easy program to use.
Like all of the software products on this site, Talking Dictionary is designed to be used as a stand alone program. What this means is that you do not need any kind of screen reading software or anything else to use this program. Your PC must run Windows 95 or greater and you must have a sound card or speakers. Talking Dictionary has been tested on Windows 95, 98, 98 SE, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Powerful spell checker, ability to quickly scroll through various word definitions and synonyms.
- The dictionary also comes complete with a “getting started” tutorial.
- Wordnet 2.1 Database Update
- Fully updated with 8500 new word definitions and synonyms from Princeton University’s dictionary database.
- Can Use With Other Programs
- Can be used within other Windows programs, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Notepad, etc.
- Quick Launch Function.
- Can be minimized to system tray for quick and easy use.
- Crossword Function.
- Can be used to search for words when letters are missing from the input. For example, entering ch**se will return cheese, choose, etc.
- Resizable Text.
- Can Use With or Without Screen Reader.
- Control Echo.
- Comprehensive Help Documentation.
- Downloadable Audio Instructions.
- MP3 audio instructions for Talking Dictionary can be downloaded from our website. They are also present on the Talking Dictionary installation CD.