This is a tutorial explaining keyboard shortcuts (as located on a keyboard) for various tasks such as starting windows, reading text etc. These keystrokes might be useful for blind people using computers with JAWS, and also for friends/family of blind people who can guide them.
• Get Help: F1
• Open the Start menu: Windows Logos Key or Ctrl+Esc
• Open Windows Explorer: Windows Logos Key+E
• Open Run Dialog: Windows Logos Key +R
• Find File or Folder from Desktop: F3
• Minimize All Applications: Windows Logos Key+M
• Switch between open applications: Alt+Tab
• Quit the active application: Alt+F.
For Windows and Menus.
• Open the application control menu: Alt+Spacebar
• Move to the menu bar in application: Alt
• Choose a Menu item: Enter
• Move between menus: Alt, Arrow Key's
• Cancel or close a menu: Esc
• Cancel or close a cascading menu: Alt
• Open a child window control menu: Alt+Dash
• Close a child window: Ctrl+F6
• Open the applications menu: Application or Shift F10.
• Move through dialog controls or tab pages: Tab
• Move backward through dialog controls: Shift+Tab
• Move to another page: Ctrl+Tab
• Reverse direction through pages: Ctrl+Shift+Tab
• Move to first item: Home
• Move to last item: End
• Select or deselect in list view: Spacebar or Ctrl+Spacebar
• Toggle a check box on/off: Spacebar.
For Reading Text:
• Move One Character left: Left Arrow
• Move One Character Right: Right Arrow
• Move One Word Left: Ctrl+Left Arrow
• Move One Word Right: Ctrl+Right Arrow
• Move to Beginning of Line: Home
• Move to End of Line: End
• Move One Paragraph Up: Ctrl+ Up Arrow
• Move One Paragraph Down: Ctrl+Down Arrow
• Scroll up one screen: Page Up
• Scroll down one screen: Page Down
• Move to beginning: Ctrl+Home
• Move to end: Ctrl+ End.
For Editing Text:
• Copy: Ctrl+C
• Cut: Ctrl+X
• Paste: Ctrl+V
• Undo: Ctrl+Z
• Delete current character: Delete
• Delete prior character: Backspace
• Select One Character: Left shift+ Left Arrow
• Select One Character: Right shift+ Right Arrow
• Select One Word Left: Ctrl+Shift+Left Arrow
• Select One Word Right: Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow
• Select to Beginning of Line: Shift+Home
• Select to End of Line: Shift+End
• Select to beginning: Ctrl+Shift+Home
• Select to end: Ctrl+Shift+End
• Select All: Ctrl+A.
For Windows Explorer:
• Delete files: Delete
• Rename a file or folder: F2
• Open Properties for Selected File or Folder: Alt + Enter
• Refresh a window: F5
• Switch between windows: F6 or Tab
• Go to a folder: Cntrl+g
• Go up one level: Backspace.