The XRCVC is delighted to announce a workshop on the subject, “Effective screen reader usage -- making the transition to open source 'the process and possibilities'
NVDA has come a long way both in terms of its functionality, ease of access and integration with pleasant user-friendly voices.
The one-day workshop would help the user make the transition towards using NVDA as their primary screen reader.
Key themes would include:
1. Background and relevance
2. Installation and upgradation
3. Understanding controls and key strokes.
4. similarities with existing screen readers
5. Choice of synthesisers and their set-up
6. Choice of languages and their set-up
7. The use of cursors and effective navigation
8. Using NVDA with popular office applications
9. Optimising NVDA through add-ons
10. Keeping abreast, problem solving and mailing lists
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016
Time: 11.30 am to 6.00 pm
Venue: XRCVC Viviana Extension, Thane
To register contact: Mr Vikas Dabholkar
Tel: 02261701177, 022617078.