Score Foundation is looking for a Content and Publication Manager
Score Foundation was established in 2002 and set up Project Eyeway, a knowledge resource for those living with a visual impairment. Through Project Eyeway, we offer a range of channels to reach out to blind and visually impaired persons across India. These channels include; a weekly radio programme, “Eyeway, yeh hai roshni ka karwan”, a websitewww.eyeway.org , a helpdesk with trained visually impaired counsellors, workshops, SMS alert service and a Talking Books Service.
We are looking for a focussed and motivated self-starter to join our team as a Content and Publication Manager. You will be responsible for coordinating the generation and dissemination of content including through managing the website and leading on designing and producing our growing number of publications. A graduate with experience of using content management systems and writing for publication, you will have an adaptable communication style, a meticulous attention to details and a commitment to the values of Score Foundation.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Work with colleagues to coordinate the constant flow of information and content to Score Foundations various channels
2. Ensure the website is updated regularly and all information is timely and accurate.
3. Manage the website through the Content Management System (CMS)
4. Maintain house styles and editorial processes for all publications.
5. Ensure content presentation is user-friendly and accessible
6. Edit images and photographs for various publications.
7. Write clear and engaging content.
8. Proof-read and edit content.
9. Write feature articles to deadline. Coordinate creating and sending email newsletters and other online communications media such as podcasts.
10. Identify and oversee external/freelance designers, writers and copyeditors.
11. Maintain contacts with, and coordinate service providers.
12. Participate in budget preparation and policy, procedures and goal setting for the website/publications by estimating equipment and other needs, new technologies and evaluating current programmes.
13. Conduct or commission on-going audience research.
14. Compile and analyse stakeholder feedback.
15. Recommend changes in editorial policy and design.
We offer a challenging assignment to a candidate with:
1. Graduate level education in an applicable discipline (e.g. a degree in journalism or English) with at least three to four years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Ability to independently apply a broad knowledge of writing and editing practices and principles.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high standard of written and spoken English, with attention to accuracy and detail.
4. A high degree of interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate with others to consistently meet deadlines
5. Ability to manage work load, work on own initiative and deliver under pressure
6. Commitment to issues regarding disability in general and vision impairment in particular.
7. Proven computer literacy (CMS (preferably Drupal), Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Internet).
Salary would be around Rupees 25-30 thousand per month, depending on the experience, qualifications, and other abilities.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter explaining how you fit the job and a CV. Only complete applications will be reviewed. We will not be able to notify all applicants unless they are shortlisted. Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 July 2012.