Last date to receive applications: 15th September 2015
Job title: Research and Communications Officer
Reports to: CEO
Score Foundation’s mission is to inform, inspire and empower blind and visually impaired individuals across India to live an independent life and have equal access to opportunities in all aspects of society. The work of Score Foundation is based on an analysis of helpdesk client cases and continuing desk and field based research into the issues faced by blind and visually impaired individuals in India.
The primary purpose of the Research and Communications Officer position is identifying, researching, and analyzing information regarding the eye, visual impairment and related subjects, and storing the information in a systematic and accessible way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform research and plan, direct and coordinate research activities of in house researchers (whether as primary or additional responsibility) and outsourced research.
2. Process and coordinate the processing of a high volume of correspondence, documents, and other information, which is distributed and may be shared with a number of internal and external constituents.
3. Create, maintain, and search databases.
4. Assist staff in using database systems.
5. Search, analyze, and synthesize information from various resources.
6. Assist with the implementation of strategies and services/functions for Information Dissemination.
7. The Research and Communications Officer will sometimes address "critical needs" which occur on short notice and will require immediate action. Organization, prioritization, judgment, and problem-solving skills will be challenged. There may be the need for occasional over time work.
8. The Research and Communications Officer organizes and schedules meetings and training sessions, and is performing a liaison role for information dissemination constituents.
9. To contribute to the production of internal and external communications, publications and materials.
10. To contribute to organizing and executing Score/Eyeway events.
11. To represent Score/Eyeway at internal and external events as required.
12. Perform tasks delegated by the Manager Communications.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The job‘s essential duties list is not all inclusive, and other functions may be added dependent upon certain situations. These may include activities such as committee membership, required education/classes, and preceptorship as appropriate.
Specific educational background:
A degree in English, library/information science, or related field or equivalent specialized training is desirable.
Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the government infrastructure, policies, and procedures regarding the domain of vision impairment and disability in general.
The Research and Data processing Officer requires a comprehensive understanding of database security and will help determine who requires access to the information and to what extent. Any potential breaches of security must be considered in advance and appropriate measures taken.
Competence in analyzing data and producing specialized reports.
Excellent organisational skills.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and monitor projects to completion.
Ability to work both independently and in coordination with professional colleagues.
Ability to manipulate various database records to produce lists, mailing labels, and merged letters.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
Ability to make complex decisions, problem solve, and work cooperatively and effectively with diverse individuals.
Demonstrated computer and software skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database applications, and E-mail.
Ability to search and acquire basic information using the internet.
A minimum of three years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative experience.
Experience with development in a non-profit institution preferred.
Compensation: As per experience
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com